Saturday, February 22, 2014

Broken Leg Scooter

The next generation of hands-free mobility
Lightweight, durable, comfortable and inexpensive, the world's best selling hands-free crutch got even better!

Conventional crutches cause discomfort by putting unnatural pressure on your hands and underarms. Conventional crutches cause chafing, can rub the skin under your arms raw, cause irrepairable nerve damage, and easily fatigue your hands and arms. Basically, conventional crutches make the simple act of getting around a strenuous chore. iWALK 2.0 can end all of this unnecessary pain and discomfort.

For lower leg injuries including:
  • Achilles injuries (ie. Achilles tendon rupture, Achilles tendon tear, Achilles Tendon Surgery)
  • Bunion recovery
  • Foot/ankle sprains and fractures
  • Foot ulcers, Diabetic ulcers
  • Sprained ankle treatment
  • Tibia/Fibula fractures
  • Jones fracture
  • Most lower leg non-weight bearing injuries
http://www.medame.com/iwalk.html
Instead of bearing the weight in your arms, your weight is transferred to your shin. Note – while it may appear that the weight is supported by the knee while using the iWALK 2.0, this is not the case. Your knee doesn’t bear any weight when using iWALK 2.0.

The iWALK 2.0 functions under a similar principle as a knee scooter, where you kneel on a platform to support your weight. Unlike other crutch alternatives or broken leg scooter, the iWALK 2.0 provides this comfort in addition to unsurpassed mobility on many types of terrain, making it the obvious choice in comparison to other crutch alternatives.

Think of all the things you can’t do when using conventional crutches; preparing a meal, walking your dog, carrying a cup of coffee, pushing a shopping cart. Well, you no longer need to have your life interrupted -­‐ the iWALK2.0 sets you free to resume your day to day routine and enjoy pain free, functional mobility.

Stop sitting on the sidelines of your own life because a lower leg injury is impeding your mobility. The iWALK2.0 allows you continue your daily routine with little to no interruption, all while safely letting your lower leg injury heal.

Product Benefits:
  • Improves mobility during rehabilitation
  • Reduce muscle atrophy
  • Reduces post-recovery rehabilitation time
  • Affordable
  • Covered by many insurance plans
  • Eliminates pain and fatigue of conventional crutches
  • Boosts user independence, morale and confidence
  • Ability to perform common tasks that are impossible with standard crutches and knee scooters
  • Easier to learn than conventional crutches
  • Fully adjustable - Fits users 4'10" to 6'6"
  • Adapts to left or right leg use in seconds without tools







iWalk 2.0 Handless Crutch Testimonials:

"I have freedom of movement that simply doesn't exist with any other device"

4 years ago I had revision surgery for a Lapidus Bunionectomy in my right foot. The first time I had surgery was in March and I used traditional crutches and a knee scooter. I live on the 4th floor of a townhouse so steps and stairs were awful!

With my iWALK2.0 I was able to get out of my car, cross my street, go up the 4 flights of stairs to my bedroom and began my recovery with ease. I am soooo happy to have this device this time around (I’m supposed to be non-weight bearing for 8 weeks). I have freedom of movement that simply doesn’t exist with any other device. Thank you iWALK for making life bearable.

- Shane Methal
----------------------------------------------------------

"The iWALK2.0 gave me my life back and it can give you your life back too!"
"For non-weight bearing injuries it is a requirement!"

The iWALK2.0 has been the perfect investment for me on my road to recovery after an ankle fusion surgery to correct an increasingly painful arthritic joint. A non-weight bearing recovery process is very difficult on conventional crutches.

It only took three days of being on crutches for the pain in my arms and wrists to be extremely uncomfortable. I was definitely not looking forward to the next five and a half weeks on crutches. A friend of my wife shared a success story with me about someone she knew who had the same surgery and was using a crutch device that strapped to the leg. After hearing the story I jumped on Google and did a search. That is when I stumbled upon iwalk-free.com. I started watching the videos and before they even finished I bought one.

Three days later I received my iWALK2.0 hands free crutch and had it put together in under 15 minutes. I remembered all the videos I had watched before ordering and followed the instructions on how to get started walking. I have not looked back since.


Being non-weight bearing on my right leg and having use of both of my hands has been fantastic. I can pick up my children (1 year old and 3 year old), try doing that on crutches! I can get up and down three flights of stairs a couple times a day simply by iWalking, try doing that on crutches without putting your life at risk. The iWALK2.0 allowed me to get right back to work. I can now handle meetings with clients with two free hands instead of holding on to crutches for dear life.

In the first 10 days of my recovery, my wife has done a majority of the work load around the house. Once I had the iWALK2.0 strapped on I was back to cooking dinner and washing dishes. I even took the Christmas tree down and returned it to the basement by myself. I even returned the furniture to its proper location in our living room.

As you can see below, there are all kinds of issues with standard crutches. With conventional crutches comes poor posture, pressure in my underarms which is extremely uncomfortable, and the injured leg is not elevated and placed on the ground when I’m supposed to be non-weight bearing. Now imagine turning around with a dish in your hands with crutches- not easy!

If you would like to minimize the added stress to those around you who are helping you during your recovery then the iWALK2.0 is a requirement. It gave me my life back and it can give you your life back too!

Thank you iWALKFree!

-Leonard Koury, Pennsylvania
----------------------------------------------------------

"IT'S A LIFE CHANGER"
"My doctor prescribed it to me"

I have been on the iWALK2.0 for six weeks and was on crutches for one week before that. My life on crutches was horrible, I have carpal tunnel so it was very painful. I had to crawl upstairs and downstairs and I couldn’t walk my kids to school. With the iWALK I was able to get out of my car, cross the street holding my kids hands and walk up to their classroom. The crutches were also painful under the arms where the iWALK is not uncomfortable. If anything, there was no discomfort.

If I saw someone walking around on crutches I would highly recommend the iWALK, it’s a life changer! Crutches are very painful and I don’t think anybody wants to be on crutches and with the iWALK you are able to take care of yourself. I am able to move around the house, I am able to get up and move around freely to take care of my six kids. My doctor prescribed it to me and he was very excited about it so I really wanted to jump on it and see what it was like. I wanted to walk around and be pain free because the crutches were very painful. It’s very stable. Thank you, whoever invented this!

- Lidia DeClaro- Chino, CA
----------------------------------------------------------

"The iWALK2.0 gave me back my independence…and created a local sensation!"

My only regret about the iWalk Free is that I didn’t discover its existence earlier! I broke my left ankle in two places and required surgery, after which I was not allowed to put weight on the ankle for six weeks. I spent five of those weeks on regular crutches, dependent on others for simple things like making an omelette or carrying a cup of coffee from the kitchen to the couch. I watched sadly as my upper leg muscles, as well as my lower ones, withered away from lack of use. At the same time, my “good” right leg’s knee was developing all kinds of aches and pains from bearing all my weight, especially going up and down stairs. By the end of the fifth week, the right knee was in agony and my shoulders and back were starting to hurt from bearing the weight on the crutches.

The day I found out about the iWalk I discovered a seller in my area and arranged to get one. It only took about ten minutes to adjust it to my height and to learn to walk with it. Another ten minutes later, I had mastered going up and coming down the stairs – so much easier than with crutches! The following day I was feeling a bit of an ache in my left upper leg – it was the quad and hamstring muscles coming back to life after weeks of disuse. I was glad that the iWalk allowed me to start to work these muscles again. Even though I couldn’t bear weight on the ankle, with the iWalk, I could bear weight in the upper leg and hip again. This took a lot of the pressure off the right leg and knee as well, making stairs in particular a lot easier to manage.

Because my driving foot was not affected, I was able to drive throughout my recovery, and once I got the hang of quickly clipping and unclipping the iWalk, it was a cinch to remove it once I got in the car and put it back on when I reached my destination. One day I wore it to my children’s school and gathered a crowd of youngsters around me wanting to know about my “pirate leg.” I was the centre of attention.

This happened again just a day later when I wore the iWalk to my 6-week follow-up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. At the hospital several envious pairs of eyes were on me as I skipped the line waiting for wheelchairs at the entrance (there was a shortage) and iWalked it to the orthopedic clinic. Once there, everyone who had a crutch with them was staring at me. I fielded several questions about the iWalk, including how it works and where to buy it. Then I started chatting with a woman who had been hit by a truck – in addition to her broken ankle, she had bruises on her face and had suffered a concussion! I explained to her how the iWalk had made stairs so much easier for me. As we waited, she and her husband Googled iWalk and saw all the amazing videos that show how easy it is to use. I told them that if my doctor gave me the go-ahead to start putting weight on my ankle again, I would sell my iWalk to them. Shortly after that, the doctor did tell me to start walking on my ankle again, and my long rehab began. I was a bit sad to say goodbye to my trusted friend the iWalk, but I knew I had to start putting one foot in front of the other again. And I was glad to see that it would go on to help someone else.

Kimberly Darlington
Montreal, Quebec
----------------------------------------------------------
 
"The iWALK2.0 truly saved me from a deep depression!"


In July, I broke my fibula while hiking with my dogs. When the doctor said "surgery and no weight bearing for 6-8 weeks"—-well, I was despondent. My husband works full-time and couldn't really stay home to take care of me, bring me food, do laundry, etc. We live on a remote ranch and our dogs and horses are used to lots of interaction and exercise, mostly from me. The thought of weeks on the couch was extremely depressing. 

I was also scared about overwhelming my already hard-working husband; he was facing having to take over all of my daily duties, which are numerous. I knew crutches wouldn't provide real freedom, and a knee scooter wouldn't work on our terrain or allow me to use my hands. 

We were so excited to find the iWALK2.0! I was a little nervous at first but immediately realized that I didn't need to be. It was easy to learn, allowed me to do my regular activities and chores, and gave me a feeling of self-sufficiency. That is a big deal when you are injured. Little things like carrying a plate or a dog bowl, or helping make dinner become hugely important. 

The iWALK2.0 truly saved me from a deep depression. If I hadn't had the ability to move around and use my hands, I would have really suffered. The immobility would've been worse than breaking my leg. The iWALK2.0 is an amazing tool and I highly recommend it.


-Leslie 

No comments:

Post a Comment